Access Panels – Paintable, Matt MDF
Pre-primed and paint-ready with noise-reducing liner.
Masons Paintable Access Panel provides easy access through non-fire rated dry lined walls and ceilings to concealed spaces.
This Panel is made from pre-finished matt MDF with a ‘push-catch’ closing system, a metal frame, beaded plaster-ready trim and a noise reducing liner. This hatch is perfect for both residential and commercial buildings.
Easy access to:
- Ceiling spaces and bulk heads.
- Roof spaces: Insulation, framing, inspection of underlay and roofing. Vermin control.
- Measure across the inner flanges for the access panel.
- Cut a hole in the plaster board to match measured panel size adding 2.5mm each side to allow for clearance (e.g. 605 x 605mm for the 600mm panel).
- For 600 x 600 mm access panel, frame out the cut opening on the hidden (non visible) side of the plasterboard. Check access panel fit before fixing off the opening framing.
- Bend the steel tie tags, located around the inside of the frame to the vertical position and slot the hatch (without door for easy installation) into the framed opening.
- Secure the steel tie tags to the stud or support framing OR fold them over to secure to the plaster board.
- Fix screws through the access panel frame and tags to the timber supporting framing until the access panel is flush and securely fixed.
- Insert the door and secure with screws provided.
- Plaster in the beaded trims surrounding the access panel.
- Paint the access panel and plastered areas to match.
|VENTMCOVERMATT||Access Panel 600x600mm
|Ceiling, Head &
Available in-store at:
TRADIES: This product might not necessarily be a stocked item by your merchant however can be ordered in.
MERCHANTS: To enquire about this product or to place an order, please contact your local Mason’s rep >