Fibre Cement Soffit
Sheets 4.5mm thick for use as soffit
Masons fibre cement sheets are 4.5 mm thick and used as a soffit lining for external eaves and verge projections.
Masons 4.5 mm fibre cement soffit lining is a non-structural, lightweight, smooth, flat sheet. It is manufactured from Portland cement, crystalline silica, fly ash and cellulose pulp and is defined as non-combustible in accordance with BS 476-4. Once coated with a paint system it is resistant to moisture and rot.
Available sheet size:
Length: 2440 mm, Width: 600 mm, Thickness: 4.5 mm
Scope and Limitations of Use
- In wind zones up to and including extra high, as defined in NZS 3604:2011 or a maximum permissible ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.1 kPa.
- In all corrosion zones as defined in NZS 3604:2011.
- Any proximity to the relevant boundary.
- Where installed within 1 m of a relevant boundary, the balance of the roof, eave and wall structure must meet the relevant fire-related building code obligations.
- On buildings where the primary roof structure complies with the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) or for an existing roof structure where the designer and installer are satisfied that the existing framing is suitable for the intended building work.
- In conjunction with timber or light weight steel framing.
If designed, installed and maintained in accordance with all Masons Plastabrick’s requirements, the Masons 4.5 mm fibre cement soffit lining will comply with or contribute to compliance with the following performance claims:
B1 Structure: B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3 (a, h, j, m & q), B1.3.4 (a, b, c, d)
- Chemical & Metallurgical Services, Chennai. IS: 14862, ASTM D-1032, IS: 2380, ASTM C1185. Testing for tensile strength, compressive strength, screw withdrawal strength, density, modulus of rupture [03/2017].
B2 Durability: B2.3.1 (b)
- Chemical & Metallurgical Services, Chennai. IS: 14862, ASTM D-1032, IS: 2380, ASTM C1185. Testing for Freeze/Thaw [03/2017].
C3 Fire affecting areas beyond the fire source: C3.7 (a
- TUV SUD PSB Pte. Ltd. BS 476: Part 4: 1970 [03/2015].
E2 External Moisture: E2.3.2, E2.3.3, E2.3.5, E2.3.7 (a, b, & c
- Chemical & Metallurgical Services, Chennai. IS: 14862, ASTM D-1032, IS: 2380, ASTM C1185. Testing for water permeability, absorption, soaking [03/2017].
F2 Hazardous Building Materials: F2.3.1
- Ramco Hicem Fibre cement board safety data sheet [28/05/2020].
|FBCS4.5mmx06x2.4||4.5 Fibre Cement 2400mm x 600mm FULL PALLETS ONLY||Pallet = 250 Sheets|
Available in-store at:
TRADIES: This product might not necessarily be a stocked item by your merchant however can be ordered in.
MERCHANTS: To enquire about this product or to place an order, please contact your local Mason’s rep >