Masons™ PEF Rod is a cylindrical flexible closed cell polyethylene material, available in various diameters from 6mm to 50mm.
- Masons™ PEF Rod provides the following functions:
- Limits the amount and depth of the sealant applied into the joint.
- Acts as a bond break to allow joint movement without undue stress to sealant.
- Acts as a barrier to the flow of sealant through a joint.
- Will assist in providing an around the window frame and penetrations through walls.
- For use with pre-cast concrete slabs and joints between brick and masonry.
- Easy to install, non toxic CFC free.
- No water absorption.
Masons™ PEF Rod is suitable for domestic and commercial applications where gaps need to be sealed in conjunction with sealant or chalking compounds.
Always allow PEF Rod to be 25-30% larger than the width of the gap requiring filling.
Ensure that the rod is firmly in place.
Cut the PEF Rod to the required length and press the into the gap with a blunt tool to provide an even depth, avoid stretching and twisting the PEF Rod.
Masons™ PEF Rod is not intended in areas exposed to sunlight.
Masons™ PEF Rod should be kept clean and dry during installation.
Type: Closed cell polyethylene foam.
Compliance: complies to ASTM standards as a P.E.F. Backing Rod
Material: Extruded Polyethylene foam is CFC free and non toxic
Chemical Resistance: Unaffected by most chemicals
Temperature Range: -40°C to 70°C
Water Resistance: No water absorption