UNI FR is a new and improved version of our white UNI Flexible Air Barrier and replaces this product entirely. It has all the benefits of UNI but has the added benefit of it being Fire Retardant.
UNI FR is a fire retardant reinforced Flexible Air Barrier System that allows work to continue on the inside of the building (for up to 90 days) without waiting for the cladding to be completed. This is due to UNI FR’s unique reinforcing and waterproof features.
- Commercial and Residential construction
- UNI FR is absorbent and can be used with all cladding systems.
- UNI FR is strong and durable, suitable for all areas of
- New Zealand including up to ‘Very High’ wind zones of NZS 3604 and “Extra High” over rigid wall underlays.
- UNI FR performs over timber or steel framing.
- UNI FR is suitable to be used as a non rigid backing for stucco plaster.
- UNI FR is suitable as an air barrier on walls that are not lined.
- Vertical use only, not suitable as a roof underlay.
New Zealand Building Code Standard (NZBC)
The following tests have been carried out in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 23:
- Tensile strength, edge tear resistance with AS/NZS 4200:2017;
- Resistance to water vapour transmission in accordance with ASTM E96;
- Resistance to water penetration in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.4:1994;
- Surface water absorbency in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.6:1994;
- Air resistance to BS 6538.3:1987;
- Shrinkage in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.3:1994;
- pH of extract in accordance with AS/NZS 1301.421s:1998;
- Beal weather tightness test 112 a modification from AS/NZS 4284:2008 and E2/VM1.
- UNI FR is a 230gsm non-woven breathable synthetic flexible air barrier, reinforced by a fibreglass scrim.
- UNI FR is water resistant and designed to provide temporary protection from weather conditions and UV exposure to timber framing without the installation of the cladding, which allows for the continuation of internal work on the house for 90 days after installation.
- UNI FR has passed a water head test at 150mm at 48 hours! vs normal building wraps which are tested to a 20mm head of water at 24 hours.
UNI FR Soffit Rolls
UNI FR is also available as a soffit roll with an adhesive strip for easy installation. The roll size is 0.6m x 18.25 which gives a coverage of 10.9m2.
|UNIFR2.74×50||UNI FR Flexible Air Barrier 2.74m x 50m2|
|UNIFRSOFFIT||UNI FR Flexible Air Barrier Sofifit 0.6m x 18.25m x 10.95m2|
|UNI FASTGN||UNI Fasteners Galv Nail and Washer 32mm QTY 2500|
|UNI CAPNAILER||UNI Cap Nailer Gun|
|UNI NAILPACK||Uni Nail/Washer Pack for UNI Gun QTY 2000|
Available in-store at:
TRADIES: This product might not necessarily be a stocked item by your merchant however can be ordered in.
MERCHANTS: To enquire about this product or to place an order, please contact your local Mason's rep >