40 Below Flex Flashing Tape
Our most advanced, high performance flashing tape with cutting edge adhesive and a superior flexible facer. 40 Below Flex is ultra thin and pliable with high water resistance and maximum UV protection. It is nail and screw sealable with just one layer. May also be used on UNI and UNI FR for seam overlaps and head flashings and can also be used on HT Green.
- Super-premium white facer
- UV resistant for 270 days
- Advanced, aggressive acrylic adhesive for superb performance
- Ultra-thin and pliable, so no build-up in corners
- Nail and screw sealable with one layer
- For a risk score between 0-20 in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 - PASS
B2 Durability, E2 External Moisture, and F2 Hazardous Materials. Reliable adhesion -10˚C to +40˚C
NZS3604 Building Wind Zones up to and including ‘Extra High’ AS/NZS 4201.4:1994
- Tested to ASTM D3330 for adhesion and AAMA-711.5.21 for nail and screw sealability.
- White facer.
- Works in temperatures from -10°C up to 40°C.
- Compatible with all building wraps.
- Compatible with most building sealants – check suitability with sealant manufactures. Alternatively, do a patch test before use.
- UV resistance for up to 270 days
- Layers on sill for nail and screw sealability: 1
- Codemark certified.
Scope of Use / Applications
Windows/Door/Timber & Steel Frame Flashings
Masons 40 Below™ Flex Flashing Tape and Masons Corner Guards must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions downloadable from this page. Please also note:
- Ensure the 40 Below™ Flex Tape completely covers the joinery opening.
- To ensure maximum adhesion of the tape, make sure the substrate surface is clean, dry, and free from any dust or other contaminants. Flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- The building wrap is installed as shown to the exterior face of the frame. A window and door openings are cut at a 45˚ angle away from each corner, then the flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- 40 Below™ Flex Flashing Tape must not be stretched. When joining 2 sections of tape, overlap by 100mm or more.
- Compatible with most building sealants, check suitability with sealant manufactures. Alternatively, do a patch test before use.
RIGID AIR BARRIERS – 40 Below™ Flex is tested and approved for sealing the joints on Rigid Barriers. Tested and approved for use with BGC Durrabarrier and OS’BraceRAP.
Masons Building Products has been in the industry for over 20 years. Customer satisfaction is paramount. A dedicated team of Masons Representatives cover NZ nationwide to assist and instruct customers in using Masons products. To contact your local Rep visit here
|40FLXBELOW75x20||40 Below Flex flashing tape 75mm||H 75mm x L 20m|
|40FLXBELOW100x20||40 Below Flex flashing tape 100mm||H 100mm x L 20m|
|40FLXBELOW150x20||40 Below Flex flashing tape 150mm||H 150mm x L 20m|
|40FLXBELOW230x20||40 Below Flex flashing tape 230mm||H 230mm x L 20m|
Available in-store at:
TRADIES: This product might not necessarily be a stocked item by your merchant however can be ordered in.
MERCHANTS: To enquire about this product or to place an order, please contact your local Mason’s rep >