Window Flashing tape that sticks in all weather conditions
40 Below™ Flashing Tape is a self adhesive flashing tape to seal around windows, doors, and other joinery openings as a secondary defense against water penetration.
- Incredible adhesion in all conditions.
- Simple 4 step installation, save time reducing costs.
- Reliable and dependable weather tightness.
- An Optional Corner Guard is easy to install and increases protection to framing.
- RIGID AIR BARRIERS – 40 Below is tested and approved for sealing the joints on Rigid barriers. Tested and approved for use by: BGC Durabarrier and OS’BraceRAP.
New Zealand Building Code Standard (NZBC)
- Has been CodeMark Certified by Certmark International.
- For a risk score between 0-20 in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1.
- Passed NZS3604 Building Wind Zones up to and including ‘Extra High’.
- Passes nail seal ability to ASTM 1970-01 section 7.9.
- New smooth white facer tape also passes screw sealablity to AAMA 711-13.
- Suitable as a single layer application over timber frame
- Extremely thin only 0.2mm, allows for easier fitting of windows and doors.
- Works in temperatures from -40°C up to 65°C.
- Compatible with most building wraps.
- Compatible with most building sealants – check suitability with sealant manufactures. Alternatively do a patch test before use.
Scope of Use / Applications
Windows/Door/Timber & Steel Frame Flashings
- Masons 40 Below™ Flashing Tape and Masons Corner Guard must be installed in accordance with these instructions. Ensure the 40 Below™ Tape completely covers the joinery opening.
- To ensure maximum adhesion of the tape, make sure the substrate surface is clean, dry and free from any dust or other contaminants. Flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- The building wrap is installed as shown to the exterior face of the frame. At window and door openings it is cut on a 45˚ angle away from each corner, then the flaps are folded into the opening and secured.
- 40 Below™ Flashing Tape must not be stretched. When joining 2 sections of tape, overlap by 100mm or more.
- Compatible with most building sealants, check suitability with sealant manufactures.Alternatively do a patch test before use.